Sunday, December 7, 2008

Madison's Birthday & Weekend Highlights!

Well the weekend is almost to a close. Madison and I have to wrap up Invention Convention stuff this afternoon, get the wash done for the week, and a few other odds and ends.

We survived the birthday party last night, however it did last into the wee hours of the morning. those girls! Milo shakes his head in frustration, 'What is up with that girl?' I laugh and say, 'wonder where she gets it?' She enjoys LIFE to the MAX and that is what I am afraid of sometimes. She always casting out and we are always reeling her in!

So all are a bit tired today at our house, however it was BOLDLY stated that there will be NO TEARS, NO COMPLAINING, NO WHINING d/t sleep deprivation. If you MADE A MESS THEN YOU will pick it up, every body up and out the door for church and the day marches on.

With a windy wintry day, the fireplace, a blanket, and the back ground noise of Sunday afternoon football I could easily be lulled into nap land. My eyes are becoming heavy just talking about it.

Funny story, Julie. After reading your weekend blog entry, my first thought (had to reread it twice) 'WOW, they are driving all the way to WI Dells for Carter to play at the Dells Museum.' That is dedication. You see, I had WI Dells on the brain after researching a winter get away in January for the fam, snow tubing at Christmas Mountain Village. It wasn't until the third read through that the light bulb came on and 'O! the Dells, Dells Rapids, South Dakota.' I get it! A little slow and THAT was before I was sleep deprived.

LOVED Carter's recital piece. Not only is he, boy genius, but he is also very musically inclined! Again, just another great reason to blog, otherwise we would have missed it!
Hope you stayed warm at the parade last night.

Sounds like we are 'suppose' to get a 'heavy' winter mix Monday night and Tuesday. No fore casted amounts, but it could be the 'storm of the century'. At least that is the way they usually hype these things. I am kind of excited! I love a good winter storm, when everything gets canceled and we hunker down for the day! Better get my grocery shopping done tomorrow!

Well, I will be excited to hear from lil bro this week about his 9 day Washington adventure. I said to Milo last night, 'can you believe that Jason is just getting back?'

Yeah..Em, you have almost made it! I suspect there will be a hand off of the kids and off to LaCrosse you head for some MAJOR Christmas shopping and some 'quiet time'. At least that would have been me 9 years ago! GLAD YOUR HOME, KISS, KISS, THEN.....SEE YA............

Pending our 'wintry mix' this week we have a week full of three trips for Milo, one to Marshalltown, one to Davenport, and one to Florida for three days. I have appointments at the studio, Madison has Christmas program practice, and of course the regular dance, basketball, and other weekly duties!

Better run, the 'cord detangler' is calling and already my head hurts, mixed with sleep deprivation from both a mother and a daughter and that sounds like a recipe for disaster!!

Stay tuned for the unveiling!

O! Yeah....saw Twilight on Friday. I would give it a C rating. Not nearly as good as the book, so I was a bit disappointed. Good thing though, had a handsome date at my side to share popcorn, milk duds, and snuggle with!


No comments:

Post a Comment