Thursday, December 25, 2008

Big Spoon or Little Spoon.

So are you a BIG spoon person or a little spoon person?

While enjoying our yearly Christmas Eve chili and chicken noodle soup last night, the topic of discussion turned to if you preferred to eat your soup with a little spoon or a BIG spoon? Ironically of the four couples present, it was discovered each person had married a person of the opposite size spoon preference. That of course playing into the common theme that opposites do indeed attract.

A side note on soup, should chili be considered a soup or is it hearty enough to be labeled a stew? Or does stand alone in its own separate category? More discussion on that later.

Other than my brother-in-law, each woman present had married a man who preferred to eat their soup and even cereal with a BIG spoon. Since my brother-in-law fell into the little spoon category (giving him the benefit of the doubt) we could omit the theory that only MEN would prefer a BIG spoon to a little spoon.

My rational for preferring a little spoon, in fact I even cringe at the thought of having to use a BIG spoon when a little spoon is not available, is that by using a little spoon it allows me to savor my soup longer, enjoying EVERY little bit. A BIG spoon just seems cumbersome and almost an insult to the food itself.

However, very ironically tonight at supper, when asking Mr. Milo to give me a fork, across the counter slid a little fork. Much to my dismay, I immediately thought how I would much prefer a BIG fork to a small fork any day. I almost distest using a little fork, as much as I distest using a BIG spoon. hmmmm...a little twist to the theory.

So without having to apply for a major GRANT of some sort today to conduct this significant, world changing research study, by a simple click of the mouse in the below comment section you could participate in either confirming or dispelling the fact today that BIG spoon people ALWAYS attract to little spoon people. If you are married or have a significant other in your life please post a comment today indicating if you attracted a BIG spoon person or a little spoon person in your life.

So, BIG spoon or little spoon? What the heck, might as well throw in your fork preference as well as a variable factor!

P.S. Saw Marley & Me this afternoon. Thanks to a Grandma and PaPa treat. Must admit I teared up a bit and of course was busted by the 'dog lovers' in my life. I was quick to rebuttal that I also teared up at the Bucket List. What can I say, I am a sensitive person. To touching movies, YES. To dogs, NO!

1 comment:

  1. Drugs and spoons and GILLES.
    All for kid fucking?
    Can you " belief" we were doing a movie about GREYHOUNDS?
    CAREY THEIL is going to get his ASS WHOOPED.
    Not to mention " MANCHESTER".
    But best of all, it 's all documented, forever, in our movie, " KANSAS KINGS".

    ReplyDelete