The tooth fairy came today via Gentle Dental (where the dental is NOT gentle) is what the girls say every time we drive by.
Madison had her FIRST tooth extraction. I could tell she was a bit nervous when I picked her up from school. To add MORE fuel to the fire, when we got there she had to watch a video presentation on having 'surgery'. That added a few more butterflies to ones already fluttering around!
Of course she came through with flying colors and realized that it was NOT that big of a deal.
I am NOT a tooth person! I can't stand the sight of loose teeth, listening to a tooth wiggle, or even the tooth itself after it has been pulled. Give me blood and guts any day over ANYTHING to do with teeth. Seriously! my gag reflex kicks in!
So I am standing at the check-out counter ready to pay for this tooth extraction and schedule the next appointment to have a spacer implanted, when out of NO WHERE comes a LARGE disgusting, root laden, discolored tooth shoved in my face.
'Look at my tooth MOM!'
Immediately followed up with 'How much do you think the tooth fairy is going to give me tonight?'
Trying hard to restrain the bile juices that were rising in the back of my throat, I manage to get out. '$53.46 paid directly to Gentle Dental, where the dental is NOT gentle.'
The blurriness of the picture is my hand shaking and my whole fetish with teeth completely explains why the tooth fairy after 10+ baby teeth in our house has NEVER once made the money to tooth exchange ON TIME! She is always a day late and usually a dollar short!
Bile juices are inching their way back up just recapping the entire experience, therefore my better judgement indicates that this is..........
THE END
No comments:
Post a Comment