
Ever read the book, 'Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World?' GREAT read! Highly recommended! Well, to make a long story short, I am a Martha! I stress out about having a picked-up house, however I have gotten much better over the past 10 years. Ask my husband!
My motto, 'Everything has a place and everything IN it's place'.
I can also be a bit too structured at times. Cause if it is NOT on the schedule...AND we do stick to the schedule; then we are not doing it!
Ironically, I have a friend, Mary in my life, whose name is really, Mary. I am sure if she was here she would disagree with me. Not that her name is Mary, but that she is a TRUE Mary in this world. But she is not here, so I will lay claim to the truth!
So yesterday morning, kids off to school, house looks like a tornado just swept through. You know stale milk in cereal bowls scatter throughout the kitchen, shoes strung out in front of the door, papers laying everywhere, last nights left-over supper now glued on plates, laundry needing to be put away...you get the picture.
My friend Mary calls me in route to my house, which by the way, is NOT on my agenda! She takes my coffee order so she can swing by and pick it up on the way. States she will be at my house within minutes, we need to catch up on life, AND "DON'T PICK UP YOUR HOUSE'! I am laughing as I unconsciously started moving shoes away from the front door and putting them in order.
Within minutes she arrives and lets herself in, steaming coffee in hand. We sit at the kitchen table amongst the stale milk and left over supper dishes and catch up on life. We laugh, because within minutes we have started at least 5 different conversations. We realize that we haven't talked in weeks.
An hour later she leaves to go help a friend with a 'cleaning project'. How ironic! I smile as her van pulls out of the driveway thankful for a friend who keeps me grounded, insists she sit amongst the mess of my house, and cares enough to just walk into my life at any moment (with out an appointment :-) just to catch up.
She reminds me that having everything in it's place and sticking to a schedule may be is NOT always as important as having spontaneity and friendships.
To my friend, Mary.
THANKS for being the true Mary in my life!
Hugs...
No comments:
Post a Comment