
I am not sure what I am doing up this early on a Sunday morning. Sunday is my day for REST and seeing the light of dawn usually is NOT typical. I thought I would take advantage of the extra time and enjoy my morning coffee with YOU!
Yesterday was a typical Saturday at the Japengas. We cleaned the house, we meaning the family, from top to bottom. Got caught up in my office and took some extra time to make sure my upcoming week was MORE balanced than the week before. I turned into psycho wife & mother by Thursday, which I hate when she comes for a visit. Psycho wife & mom usually means one of two things:
1. Aunt Flo is coming for a visit.
2. My week was out of balance.
Based on my analysis yesterday, I am chalking things up to both!
So after a deep breathe and figuring out what went wrong last week, I am ready to tackle the upcoming days with grace and poise. Allowing more time for my morning talk with God, getting my exercise, eating healthy, having quality family time, throw in some work, and it has the makings for a GREAT week.
After the house was clean, the wash started, and the schedule made for next week, Mr. Milo and I headed out for a workout at the club. I accomplished a NEW personal BEST in swimming. I swam 1500m non-stop! 50 minutes of swimming and I was like a noodle when I got out of the pool.
We had a pizza bar last night for supper. With individual pizzas crusts and the toppings laid out everyone got to create their own masterpiece. Kennedy headed off to the movie with friends. Madison hung out with us. We popped some corn, threw in a few M&Ms and watched '7 Pounds'. A bit disappointing. An early bed, which I am guessing made for an early morning.
Milo is off to lead a small group discussion at church, Kennedy and friends are still tucked away sleeping, and Madison is lounging with Sponge Bob. I am contemplating making pancakes for the crew.
The only thing on the docket for today are to fetch some groceries for the week. I am considering going organic in our home. Have spent a lot of time over the past two weeks reading Jillian Michael's new book, 'Mastering Your Metabolism'. So much makes sense! So I will be a much more conscious grocery shopper today and plan to hit the local farmers market BEFORE Walmart! May be going more organic will also lessen the effects of Aunt Flo coming to visit?
So what is up for this week you ask?
2 track meets, extra dance practices in preparation of the upcoming recital. Kennedy has a band trip to Adventureland next Saturday and Madison has an Authors Tea on Thursday. Throw in some work, your day to day routines, and Sunday will be here before I know it.
Sounds like the griddle is calling my name, before I jump in the shower, and head to church.
I am looking forward to a rainy, cozy day in my WOMAN cave now that I have recovered from being out of WHACK!
No comments:
Post a Comment