Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Get Well, Claire Bear!



Sending hugs and get well wishes to DRSD!

Game tonight in Houston, RIGHT?
If so, good luck and please text quarterly updates!

For all you 'younger mothers' out there, I once took some advice from a more seasoned mom of sort, which I utilized this morning when 'begging, pleading, and coaching' a kid to get ready for school just wasn't working any more! Perhaps it will come in handy someday, however will affect your work day, but soo worth it!

I did this with Kennedy once and again today with Madison and it works like a charm! The old way.....Madison get ready for school, Madison get ready for school, Madison, get ready for school!

Yet, still NO response.

So very calmly, Madison 'you are old enough to understand and know everything you need to do to get ready for school. I am turning that responsibility over to you. You need to be ready to walk out the door by 8:10. If you are not ready to leave at that time, then I will be calling the school and sharing that you were not able to get ready and leave on time, therefore you will not be present today and you will spend the entire day in your room.'

Works like a charm! Next thing I new, shoes were on, breakfast done, coat in hand and out the door she went! Perhaps she remembered the day that Kennedy stayed home!

Hard, but impactful lesson learned! Sometimes those lessons are harder on the parents than the kids, because of the ramifications!

Had a great day yesterday, however my choice for honey mustard dressing at Quiznos for my salad was a downer, after I looked up the calories and it was already in the digestive process. So had to adjust a bit at supper. But all in all a great day!

Feeling better each week at kickboxing! They have us do these things, called pyramids and I cringe when they call it out! It is a killer! You kick the bag once, then drop for a push-up, then back up and kick the bag 2x then drop for 2 push-ups and you do that all the way up to 10, sometimes 18! WHEW! Then once the right side is done, you move to the left, starting at 18 kicks, drop for 18 full sit-ups and all the way back down to 1. Used to finish at the end of the group, now I can say I am finishing towards to top of the group and getting up and down is getting easier and easier each week!

Haircut day today, Kennedy's school conference this afternoon, and band concert tonight!

Hubby in town all week! First time since August!!! YEAH!

So, mom, who is next to get kicked off 'Dancing With The Stars'?

Hugs.

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Would like to see S. Lucci bite the
    dust but I am wondering about T.B.

    ReplyDelete