The day was a full day!
The night before went down in laughter after playing Blom Box on Wii. Uncle Milo cemented a catch phrase for us that Carter thought was hilarious! Between the two of them they milked that into the night and of course into the next day. 'It's gold, Jerry, gold.' Which of course became whatever word you could substitute for gold. Milo and I could hear the laughter from the basement that traveled all the way to the third floor. Madion and Carter were 'trying to go to sleep'. It was a good night as I drifted off to sleep, hoping that these moments were creating memories that would last a lifetime for 'cousins'.
Last night was no different after supper, we headed to the basement for Mario Party 8 and some more Mario Cart. Again I took responsibility for obtaining #12 in all 12 races. Me and video games just don't mix, that is when I have to run, jump, punch, or block.
So the rest of yesterday....pseudo snot (BIG hit). Another layer on volcanoes so we can paint this morning. Swim meet in which we had a heat WINNER! Congratulations Madison for winning her heat in the freestyle! Milo and I had to drive separate because Milo had an appointment at 5:00, so of course we had a Mario Cart race on the way home. Guess what? I lost! But then again, I was carrying the precious cargo. Carter was providing the play by play action and who was hitting who with mushrooms and receiving speed burst.
Supper....Ramon noodle salad with the addition of chicken, watermelon and strawberries AND the option of left over spaghetti.
So today the rain allowed us a wonderful morning to snuggle in and SLEEP! It was a slumber party in Milo and Jill's room last night in which we almost thought we had convinced Kennedy to participate.
Aunt Jill is OFF for the day to PLAY! We are taking all of our scientific knowledge gained over the last few days and road tripping to the BIG city of Waterloo to take in the Imaginarium!
Where science comes alive..Pet a 12-foot python. Fire an air cannon. Create your own laser show. Everything in a three story building to satisfy our curiosity about physical science!
I, of course will PASS on the petting of the python while maintaining a far distance!
Lunch/Supper at the Hwy 63 diner where all of the food is made from scratch! YUM!
We are also picking up Kennedy's BFF, Emily for the day because Carter is her FAVORITE cousin!
P.S. To Carter's mom....you might want to anticipate a phone call begging for a few more days at Cousin Camp. At least that was the pitch beginning last night! It is fine with us, we have nothing pressing for the next few days.
"Afterall, at the Japengas....the video games are in endless supply!"
That is until Saturday when most get returned to the video store.
No comments:
Post a Comment