
I am Jill Japenga and I AM a Junk Food Junkie!
Carb loaded cakes, donuts, chocolate, cookies, bars, pies, and desserts.
That says it all!
That says it all!
There, I said it!
Kennedy had a trip to Des Moines all day Saturday. Her band played at Adventureland in the morning, then had the rest of the day to ride roller coasters and eat JUNK food. I am so jealous. I should have volunteered to chaperon. She was up at 5:30 and on the road by 6:30, home at 8:00.
Madison hung with me all day on Saturday! We snuggled on the couch until noon. Watched Disney Channel and played puzzle games on dad's lap top. We even had hot fudge sundaes in our PJs. Any time you have hot fudge sundaes at 10:30 in the morning, while on the couch watching cartoons, you just know it is going to be a great day. About 2:00 Madison headed out to play with a friend in the neighborhood, while I headed upstairs for a little nap. Must have been the sugar rush, I needed to sleep off! Mr. Milo got home around 4:00 after a day of chopping and hauling wood for the family. All that work meant a FREE 1/2 load of wood to get our family through the summer, bon fire months. Later that afternoon we headed to the health club for a swim (had to work off that hot fudge sundae) then home for a 'breakfast supper' before we all retired to the couch to catch a rerun of 'The Break Up'. Don't you LOVE pancakes for supper?
Sunday brought sleeping in, before we headed out to church and of course had to enjoy my Sunday morning DONUT and coffee. Sunday afternoon was the weekly grocery run , no junk food there and errands. While I was out and about, Madison and dad decided to go for a motorcycle ride, with a stop at the health club to swim before hitting Dairy Queen (darn how did I miss that one?) for an afternoon ice cream treat. Wrapped up the week's wash, then grilled some pork chops and egg plant parmesan (new receipe) while enjoying the rest of the afternoon lounging on the deck. Wasn't last week I talking about going organic? Actually I did great the entire week and have officially decided organic yogurt beats the other yogurt, HANDS DOWN! Just took a few days to adjust to the new taste.
But the BIG HIGHLIGHT of the weekend came in the form of a phone call. Madison got the call she has been waiting weeks & months for! A BABYSITTING JOB! Our next door neighbors called about 4:30 to see if she could babysit their two girls from 5:00 to 8:00. It was one of those moments that while she was calm and composed on the phone, then minute she hung up, we all started screaming and jumping around. She was grinning from ear to ear! She ran upstairs to grab her 'super sitter' bag and out the door she went. $15 dollars richer and her first job under her belt, that made her ENTIRE weekend! Her final words before heading to bed, 'Today was the BEST day EVER!'
WOW! I can't believe my youngest is BABYSITTING!
I am rested and ready for the week. Back to my healthy eating regimen! Got hit that 40 by 40 goal.
Exactly 7 days ago I was sitting on the phone with Arman from India trying to get my computer fixed. Other than trying to figure out how to get my i pods playlists back, I am officially back to 'normal'. Anybody know anything about ipod reloads?
A few track meets, work, and planning for company next weekend is on the docket for the week.
Darn...I still need to wash those windows! I pasted up a beautiful weekend full of sunshine for cuddling, hot fudge sundaes, and rest. Windows can wait, kids grow up way too fast!
FYI. Please add to my birthday list. http://www.h2oaudio.com/. Waterproof head phones and ipod case for swimming. hmmmmmm...Waterproof...that begins with W...for all you FREED family folks out there. O!YEAH..and a Patty Cakes Birthday Cake from Patty Cakes Bakery in Sanborn, Iowa! I DREAM about those cakes!
I knew we would make her day, but I didn't know her whole weekend! She did a great job!!
ReplyDelete