Friday is here and I am just wrapping up the week. It was an uneventful one at that, so no complaining is in order.
Covered this week for Wendy Wu, my friend at the Cremation Society who decided to leave me alone in what I like to refer to as our island oasis. Completely separate from the funeral home, the building sits on the back grounds of Cedar Memorial. It is the building where the CREMATIONS take place. I fondly remember the first time I was introduced to the cremation society. During my 'tour' I was taken to 'the room' and promptly asked, 'Does this bother you?' Obviously it didn't because there I have sat all week just me and 'my friends'. O! I do occasionally get a visit from one of our first call directors coming down to check on things. I am always quick to ask my next probbing question related to embalming, cremation, and all the other things they do. Otherwise it is me, the computer, my radio, and an occasional phone call.
Wendy Wu decided to leave me this week to tour Washington DC and I am sure she will have many a tales to tell upon her return. So a successful week of coverage and it is always good when I can say, I didn't burn the place down.
I have been gravely disappointed in all reality TV this week. Other than Biggest Loser, I am just not feeling it this season. Guess that is a sign to redirect my attention elsewhere.
So what is on tap for the weekend you ask?
Of course my 'deep clean' fall list is slowly being checked off. All of my bathroom and kitchen cupboards are screaming for my attention. clean me, clean me, clean me. A fall/winter switch a rue needs to be had on the make-up drawer, brushes really need to be cleaned, and all that good stuff. Of course cleaning always means it is time to make room for new! Isn't the saying, out with the old and in with the new?
Sounds like a high of 40 degrees this weekend and possible, dare I say it...snow flurries! So obviously those disgusting, very dirty basement windows will wait yet another week.
Tonight is homecoming for Linn-Mar. After struggling for the past several years, they are boasting a 7-0 record this season. Mr. Milo went to the game a few weeks ago and after standing 4 deep on the side lines with not even a glimpse of the game, he left before 1/2 time. So with the cold, wind, and crowds we are opting for a night at home around the fire. By the way, what happened to homecomings like the 'old days'. Homecoming week was always a BIG deal with theme days and a huge pep rally all leading up to Friday night's game and dance. PJ day, Inside Out Day, Hat Day, Dress Up Day, Dress Like the Opposite Sex Day. As I was getting ready this morning, I thought to myself, 'homecoming week was always a blast.' And did I feel OLD this week when one of our funeral directors said she graduated from high school in 2004. whoaa..
So what else this weekend, well I need to finish hemming Kennedy's costume and spice up the fairy wings that I broke down and purchased at Halloween Express this week. After fighting with wire hangers and white nylons for nearly 2 hours last Sunday, in the trash they went and on the list for the week went 'stop at Halloween Express for fairy wings'. It was disgusting to pay $14 for something that honestly cost less than $5 to make. But me and hangers just don't mix.
That is about it to report for the week.
O! yeah...I did mention in my last entry that I am learning to be nicer to me! Most definitely a work in progress, but in the wisdom of my 40 years, I have realized that too many times I have not taken care of myself as I needed to. I have allowed others and too many commitments to come before making myself a priority. In my revelation, I am beginning to realize that taking care of me first allows me to give even MORE to others. light bulb moment!
stay warm...
jill
P.S. 12 days to Galena and COUNTING!
No comments:
Post a Comment